Return to the Emerging Runner

Saturday, November 28, 2009

If we're really good maybe we'll get some gear!

It's the holiday season and a great time to covet new running gear to energize your workouts. Here are a few items I suggest putting on your list:


Saucony's Viperlite Jacket

There's a built-in, flashing light on the sleeve, but that's not the draw -- it's the soft fabric!

Comes in three colors: black, fathom (blue), and recon (grey). Also in men's.

$120


Saucony Ulti-mitt

Gloves that convert to a mitten. There's even a flap on your index finger so that you can use your telephone or iPod.

$38


Craft Prozero Base

I've seen this baselayer at almost every store I've visited recently.

It feels like lightweight wool, but it's a unique polyester that may not be the most flattering, but seems very functional and comfortable.

$55


SmartWool Running Socks

Speaking of wool - this is one of my all time favorite wool products.

I buy the higher cuff versions for more 'serious' trail runs and the lower cuff versions for street running in inclement weather.

$13


Nike Core Half Zip Sweatshirt

Doesn't look like much in this picture, but it's simple and perfect for wearing to and from your workout.

$30


Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Super Athletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall

Disclaimer: I haven't read this book yet, but reading the title made me want to buy it on the spot.

It promises to be fun and intriguing.

$15


Yesterday NYC saw its first snow of the season, which always puts me in a holiday mood. I'm excited for us to experience some real accumulation so that I can get out there in my tried-and-true Salomon XCR trail shoes as well as plan some snowshoeing exercusions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the best running book I have ever read and I've read a bunch of them. I read it 3 times this year and want to sell everything, live in a cave and run ridiculous distances everyday! Oh, to dream!