Return to the Emerging Runner

Friday, August 14, 2009

New Sights, New Routes


I recently relocated and almost everything about my life is changing. My running goals, however, remain the same, but I have to find all new routes in order to accomplish them. It also means I'm able to run at times of the day that weren't options previously. All of the new possibilities are energizing my training plans. Tomorrow morning I'll tackle an 8 mile run when I usually would have planned a 6 mile route. The 8 miles will allow me to summit a unique geological feature from which I can survey the entirety of my new city. I think all of the change will bode well for my running this coming fall.

In my immediate sights is a 10k trail race, which is the first event in a series that will lead up to a 17 mile relay leg in October's Cape Cod marathon. I'll also be keeping my ears open for a last minute opportunity to jump on a Ragnar Relay team for a relay that passes through my new hometown this September.

No comments: