Return to the Emerging Runner

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dream Big


This morning The Emerging Runner and I were sharing thoughts about ideal running trips. I find these types of discussions exhilarating. I have moderately long lists not only of places I'd like to visit, but endurance activities and events I'd like to engage in while traveling. I'm sure you all have dream events or adventures--be it a marathon in an exciting locale or a storied trail you'd like to explore.

My dream is to participate in the Patagonian Expedition Race, which is self-billed as "The Adventure at the End of the World". Covering hundreds of kilometers in Chile, the race can take anywhere from 3 to 11 days to complete. The photo above is from the 2007 race. Can you imagine being in a race and coming that close to a whale whose tail is almost as wide as the length of your kayak? Sign me up!

What's your dream running trip or adventure event??

1 comment:

The Emerging Runner said...

It seems like N. California, Oregon or Washington state would be incredible places to run. Redwoods, views, water and cool and cloudy weather. If I was at the required level of fitness I'd like to do a lengthy trail run through there, maybe over the course of a few days.